Actually, it’s Faux Tea Rose time. The Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 3 is creating faux tea roses using the technique on page 65 of Tim Holtz’s Compendium of Curiosities-3. I had never tried making these roses before but with a little practice (it’s only paper, after all!), I am very happy with how mine turned out.
I started with a burlap panel. I brushed on some Snow Cap paint. When that was dry I added a brick wall with a stencil and embossing paste colored with Fired Brick re-inker. Although most of it is covered up, you can see a bit of it peeking through.
I had a “goddess” cut out of a pop can setting on my table, I painted it with some Spun Sugar Distress Paint, sanded and rubbed it with Hydrangea Archival Ink. I dyed some letter tiles with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. After I laid everything out, I started attaching things to the panel weaving a ribbon through. Some things were popped up with with double and single layers of foam tape.
I did paint the petals of my finished roses with various colors of Liquid Pearls. I love the look it created. Here are some close ups:
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to know what you think of my roses.